She Leads Workshops
She Leads Workshops develop women’s skills and confidence to take on leadership roles within their community, and promote our goal of women influencing, leading and deciding.
Tailored to the needs of women, including female-identifying and non-binary people, workshops are run throughout the year by distinguished women leaders.
These skills-based sessions address the under-representation of women in leadership roles, by building the capacity and confidence of women who strive to contribute to community leadership, especially through board and committee membership.
Recent topics covered in She Leads Workshops include:
Workshops are run in the evening after work and usually run for two to three hours.
Keep an eye on our events page to see about upcoming She Leads workshops, and subscribe to the monthly She Leads Newsletter to receive updates in your inbox.
- “The workshops were so insightful, providing valuable information and the speakers where, well, just brilliant. I hope to attend a couple other She Leads workshops in the future and really just wanted to say thank you for the fabulous work you and the women at YWCA do.”
- “Seeing a mix of young and older women motivated me to join a board. As a young person it is often daunting to aspire to lead.”
- “The workshop provided structure for how to think about leadership skills and aspirations.”
- “I have increased my self-awareness, the first step of overcoming barriers.”
- “The workshop increased my confidence about how I can be a good board member.”